Sunday, June 18, 2023

I may have found the ultimate music hosting site...

 I was unsatisfied with Indiesound so I went looking for a new music site to host my music.  I tried a site called openwhyd but that was a pile of crap. Then I tried this site whyp.it and that actually turned out to be great. Then I tried posting music videos to tiktok but that is filled with annoying video upload limits so I don't like it much. But whyp.it is insane.


On Whyp.it I have 5 caustic euphony songs, 5 retro evisceration songs, and a shit ton of unleashing vengeance songs up there... On this site these songs keep on getting played on their own, something this site has in common with indiesound only. Other sites have been a lot worse in this reguard (forget about getting this to happen on audiomack, they will ignore your music there if you write 1 bad song, same thing is true with audius), but Whyp.it is killing it.

Now the playcounts could be a lot better, but the sheer amount of tracks getting plays is insane there...  About 90% of my songs have been played on whyp.it.  And this is after only 1 day. ONE FUCKING DAY! It took MONTHS to be noticed on audius and audiomack.  And people listen on twitter, which is great.

I want to thank the people who made whyp.it. I love this site... It blows soundcloud, audius AND audiomack to smithereens! It is better than indiesound due to one reason as well... NO music upload limits minus a minor 8 minute song or higher not allowed thing.  Not a lot of music upload sites have unlimited tracks for a free account. Soundcloud doesn't have that. Tiktok has limits, they all have limits. Indiesound for instance, has an insane 5 songs only per account limit which is really bad for a prolific artist like unleashing vengeance, that wrote tons of cds per year for 12+ years... And the sites that allow you to post unlimited tracks, most of them are crap that have bad fanbase issues where the fans ignore your music like on audius and audiomack. Whyp.it is the ONLY phenominal site for my music now.. I give it a 9.7/10!  Indiesound by comparison is only an 8/10, soundcloud is only a 6/10 and audiomack and audius are like 5 or 6 out of 10.